Retreat Bag (Up-Cycled Fabrics)
- Made from up-cycled fabrics & Eco-friendly vegan Cork leather
- Personalised with beautiful embroidery inside: a phrase, affirmation, name, initials
- Large slip pocket
- 4 wrap-around extending pockets
- (H) 17cm (W) 23cm (D) 11cm
- Proudly handmade by Beverley
Handmade personalised Retreat Bag made with beautiful autumn leaves fabric that once was a curtain!
Retreat bags are perfect for storing all your beauty essentials and taking away on your travels. Super lightweight to carry and the flat bottom design allows them to always stand upright and proud. When unzipped they stay wide open so you can easily see and access the contents. Inside there’s a large slip pocket and four wrap-around extending pockets to keep your things upright and segregated.
My customer posted the curtains to me to up-cycle into a special keep-sake gift for her Niece, Jitte. The curtain once hung in her Brothers bedroom when they were growing up, so when it was discovered again recently in their parent’s attic, she thought it would be a lovely idea to have it up-cycled into something new for Jitte, her brother’s daughter. So, the curtain that hung in Jittes Dads bedroom before Jitte was even born, is now a beautiful retreat bag for her to keep and treasure.
I can make these lovely bags by up-cycling soft furnishings like curtains, cushion covers and bedding as well as items of clothing. Maybe you have something that you don’t use anymore but you’ve kept because you love its colours and pattern. Maybe it has sentimental value and memories attached to its history (a dress you wore on your first date..…)
I will be using high quality stabilisers and interfacings so don’t worry if you think your fabric is too thin, these will give the right structure for sewing and a little padding too. Up-cycling projects are very soul satisfying and I will always treat your fabrics with care and respect. It is a pleasure to create something beautiful and functional from something that has a past.
The embroidery the customer chose on this Retreat bag was sentimental too. ‘BC to JC’ is her Brothers and her Nieces initials – Dad to Daughter. You can choose to have yours personalised with any phrase, affirmation, a name or initials. I am happy to chat with you to customise and personalise your jewellery roll to make it perfect for you.
- Made with the beautiful fabric of an autumn leaves ‘curtain’
- New fabrics used to compliment the feature fabric: Eco-friendly cork leather harvested from the cork oak trees in Portugal, which is waterproof and vegan, and bright yellow 100% cotton lining
- Constructed with quality stabilisers and interfacings for protection and padding
- Each up-cycled Retreat Bag is custom made so please allow 2 – 3 weeks for delivery from when I have the fabrics
- The matching Jewellery Roll featured in the pictures can be ordered too if you’d like a set made out of your fabric click here
- Special requests: please fill in the text boxes when ordering with your Embroidery requirements and any other special requests.
|Dimensions||23 × 17 cm|