Retreat Bag & Jewellery Roll set (Up-cycled fabrics & Cork)
- Made from up-cycled fabrics, Eco-friendly vegan Cork leather and 100% cotton
- Personalised with beautiful embroidery inside: a phrase, affirmation, name, initials
- Store on your dressing table or take on your travels
- Retreat Bag (H) 17cm (W) 23cm (D) 11cm
- Jewellery Roll (H) 29cm (W) 20cm
- Proudly handmade by Beverley
Handmade personalised Jewellery Roll and Retreat Bag set made with beautiful autumn leaves fabric that once was a pair of curtains!
Retreat bags are perfect for storing all your beauty essentials and taking away on your travels. Super lightweight to carry and the flat bottom design allows them to always stand upright and proud. When unzipped they stay wide open so you can easily see and access the contents. Inside there’s a large slip pocket and four wrap-around extending pockets to keep your things upright and segregated.
The Jewellery roll is constructed to be soft and padded to keep all your delicates perfectly safe. There are three zip pockets for necklaces and earrings and a super large slip pocket for bangles and chunky pieces. The padded finger roll holds all your rings and secures down with a button. Roll it up and elegantly tie a bow with the long silky ribbon and pop it inside the Retreat Bag.
My customer posted the curtains to me to upcycle into a special keep-sake gift for her Niece, Jitte. The curtains once hung in her Brothers bedroom when they were growing up, so when it was discovered again recently in their parent’s attic, she thought it would be a lovely idea to have them upcycled into something new for Jitte, her brother’s daughter. So, the curtains that hung in Jittes Dads bedroom before Jitte was even born, is now a beautiful jewellery roll for her to keep and treasure.
I can make these lovely sets by upcycling soft furnishings like curtains, cushion covers and bedding as well as items of clothing. Maybe you have something that you don’t use anymore but you’ve kept because you love its colours and pattern. Maybe it has sentimental value and memories attached to its history (a dress you wore on your first date..…)
I will be using high quality stabilisers and interfacings so don’t worry if you think your fabric is too thin, these will give the right structure for sewing and a little padding too. Up-cycling projects are very soul satisfying and I will always treat your fabrics with care and respect. It is a pleasure to create something beautiful and functional from something that has a past.
The embroidery the customer chose on this set was sentimental too. ‘BC to JC’ is her Brothers and her Nieces initials – Dad to Daughter. You can choose to have yours personalised with any phrase, affirmation, a name or initials. I am happy to chat with you to customise and personalise your set to make it perfect for you.
- Made with the beautiful fabric of an autumn leaves ‘curtain’
- New fabrics used to compliment the feature fabric: Eco-friendly cork leather harvested from the cork oak trees in Portugal, which is waterproof and vegan
- Lined with coordinating yellow cotton fabric and zips (new, not upcycled)
- Constructed with quality stabilisers and interfacings for protection and padding
- Each up-cycled Retreat Bag and Jewellery Roll set is custom made so please allow 2 – 3 weeks for delivery from when I have the fabrics
- Special requests: please fill in the text boxes when ordering with your Embroidery requirements and any other special requests.
|Retreat bag dimensions||
(H) 17cm (W) 23cm (D) 11cm
|Jewellery Roll dimensions||
(H) 29cm (W) 20cm